Sometimes decorating a child’s room without color is hard making the last post on a black and white nursery useless for many parents. So, how about some color and lots of it? I’m thinking bright, fun and unexpected colors not found in a traditional nursery.
This look for a bold and modern girl’s room starts with a hot pink and orange color scheme. Since none of the items are permanent, everything is easily swapped as tastes change or if the color doesn’t work. These vibrant accessories work equally well for a newborn nursery or a redecorated big girl’s room. For more looks of brightly colored kid’s rooms, check out the ideas from Parents magazine and the house tours at Ohdeedoh.
- Window panels with thick, vertical stripes add height to the room. Henley strip drape from PBteen
- Hang paper lanterns in different colors for a fun take on the classic mobile. mango, grass green and hot pink paper lanterns from Luna Bazaar
- A mini lamp in brightly-colored blown glass is perfect for nighttime wakings. Lykta table lamp from IKEA
- Modern and educational...just what this girl's room needs. alphabet print from ModernPop
- A blooming growth chart matches the room and captures fleeting childhood days. personalized flowers growth chart from Land of Nod
- A rainbow of polka-dots on this rug brings the room together. multicolor rug from Target