June 10, 2009

Nursery Rhymes Baby Shower

When it comes to finding inspiration, books make a great go-to source. These days my reading selection is generally limited to whatever titles my book-loving daughter chooses, so I have to thank her for this baby shower idea based on the book, Nursery Rhymes: well-loved verses to share, illustrated by Susie Lacome.

Over the past few weeks, this has been one of her favorites. She loves the rhyming and the collage-like pictures printed to look like fabric stitched on the page. As we read one day, I noticed fabric bunting decorating the top of one of the pages, and knew it would be the perfect starting point for a baby shower theme.

With its colorful gingham pages, sweet embroidered illustrations and familiar verses, this book makes a great gift and theme. You can use for a boy or girl, so I’ve tried to make my choices gender-neutral, although sometimes I just can’t help choosing pink.

Inspiration: Nursery Rhymes: well-loved verses to share from Amazon
centerpieces: paper flower kits from Paper Platypus
party setup: porch party from Country Living
paper flags for food: via Party Perfect
sugar cookie party favors: Truly Scrumptious Cookies
nursery rhyme cupcakes: A Baked Creation
handmade birds: Ann Wood
gingham invitation: Lil Birdie shower invitation from bndesigns
fabric bunting: Twig & Thistle
felting animals: barnyard ball sewing pattern from Pattern Play

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really nice baby shower theme idea! Well, I am also collecting ideas for funky themes for my sister’s bridal shower. She will get married soon so I would like to host a funky bash at a domestic garden event space Chicago. If you have suitable ideas then please share.