June 30, 2009

Going On A Summer Picnic

So, here it is Tuesday and I haven't posted since last Thursday. I didn't intend to take a mini-break, but sometimes life happens, you get busy, you have some fun and you just gotta roll with it, right?

I don't usually post inspiration boards on Tuesday, but I am today because I've had the idea for a summertime picnic floating around for a while now. I first saw the image of the bicycle with picnic basket over on Oh, Hello Friend and knew I wanted to create a board around it.

This summer picnic is great for a warm July afternoon. There's a handmade quilt to lounge on while you sip cool lemonade out of a glass drink dispenser using cool striped straws. The food is simple: Greek salad roll-ups and fruity meringues. There is even a sweet little oilcloth bag to carry any leftovers home.

Sometimes I'm amazed at how well these boards come together. As I started putting things together, this red and green color scheme just sort of developed on its own and all the images I liked amazingly fit right in. I'm so glad the look doesn't come across at all Christmas-y. Instead, it's more like the perfect ripe watermelon -- summery and fresh.

olive rings quilt from Tiptoe Studio; recycled glass beverage dispenser from Target; bicycle picnic from Oh, Hello Friend via Oh So Beautiful Paper; oilcloth lunch bag from Martha Stewart; Greek salad rolls from Sweet Paul; picnic basket from CSN stores via Country Living; strawberry and kiwi meringues from Joy the Baker; gingham cloth napkins from Williams-Sonoma; straws from Kikkerland via Oh Happy Day

1 comment:

Laura said...

So cute! I've had picnics on my mind lately, too :) I love that oilcloth lunch bag, and I'm dying to get myself a sweet vintage bike. Lovely!