June 25, 2009

Talking About My Inspiration With...Raina Moore

Today’s Talking About My Inspiration interview comes from Raina Moore of Frozen Brooklyn. I can’t think of a better interview for this poolside, summer-themed week than Raina, who writes about her experiments with a new ice cream maker and the tempting treats that result from them. (Molasses ice cream, anyone?)

Raina shares all of her yummy recipes, and gives a detailed look at the people, places and things that inspire them. Here’s a little taste of those inspirations, and be sure to check out her blog for more.

Thanks, Raina!


Quick, without thinking, what does inspiration mean to you?

For me, it’s usually being so moved by something beautiful or innovative to the point that you must do something.

Is there one task that always requires some inspiration to help you accomplish?
Organizing/cleaning. For creative tasks, I force myself even if I’m not feeling creative because otherwise it wouldn’t get done. Eventually, always, it comes.

When you’re in a creative rut, where is the first place you go/look to be inspired?
Blogs or music but not usually music blogs. I like design blogs. Everything looks so pretty and possible on design blogs.

I am obsessed with inspiration boards. Do you keep anything like this (board, journal, etc.) to help you catalog bits of inspiration?
No, although I think I might benefit from it.

What are your top 5 sources of inspiration?
  • Walking the streets of New York, NY – all five boroughs
  • Design blogs
  • Listening to music
  • Watching videos on You Tube – anything directed by Anton Corbijn, early Kate Bush (videos or live performances), or Food Party – she’s amazing – I am charmed by people who simply do the work.
  • Going to the museum

No comments: