March 2, 2009

A Cocoa And Cupcakes Kind Of Day

photo by striatic


Yesterday was March 1, and it snowed for about six hours at my Alabama home. First, I was obsessed over getting perfect pictures of my adorable little girl making like a snow baby. This did not happen; she was terrified of the snow. My next desire? A hot drink, of course. As I sipped, I thought about how serving simple cups of hot chocolate (or coffee, or tea) is the perfect refreshment for a winter party.


When I started thinking about parties, I started thinking about, what else? Cupcakes. So…I pulled together a mini roundup of cold-weather party inspiration, perfect for a winter birthday, baby shower or an afternoon snowed in with family.



clockwise from top left: mug of hot chocolate from flickr user avlxyz;
chocolate swirl hot chocolate from flickr user macinate;
hot chocolate in snowflake mug from flickr user Egan Snow;
coconut snowball cupcakes from flickr user kristin_a;
snowmen cupcakes from flickr user abakedcreation;
snowflake cupcake from flickr user Cake Girl


How do you spend a snow day?

No comments: