April 17, 2009

Friday Favorite: Simple Mom

What could be simpler than reading books and creating organization, the two things talked about here this week? This week's favorite blog is all about making things simple from managing your home to taking care of yourself. It's Simple Mom written by Tsh Oxenreider.


I found Simple Mom several months ago while doing a mad search for ways to organize and manage my days as a stay-at-home mom who also needed to work a little on the side. The resources I found here have been invaluable since then. With two kids (one only a few months younger than my daughter), Simple Mom seemed to have their life in order and loved it.

Here are some of the things I've learned from reading Simple Mom. They have made my life easier, more productive and, I must admit, a little saner.

  • Daily Docket While I'm not nearly as structured with my daily routine, I do plan my days using an adapted version of the daily docket.
  • menu planning I'd never actually thought about menu planning until I read this blog. That's right. Now, I don't know if I could survive without it.
  • Jesse Tree Last Christmas is the first time I've done the Jesse Tree, inspired by this post. It's a great way to spend time with your family remembering the reason for the holiday season.
  • spring cleaning Okay, this hasn't happened yet, but just thinking about makes me feel more accomplished. Simple Mom is hosting a spring cleaning party and everyone is invited. I can't wait to what tips she offers up.
In addition to home and life managing tips, you'll also find a book club, regular giveaways and five columnists who post on various topics.

No comments: