- Start with an antique-style bench in an unexpected color.Martha Stewart Everyday Aberdeen bench from Kmart
- Add pattern with a stylish, yet durable, outdoor rug. Laney Patio Rug from Target
- Instead of one big table, use two wicker side tables if front of the bench as a convenient spot to perch feet or drinks. Wicker Cafe side table from Target
- Top off one of the side tables with bold blooms, like these ranunculus, in shades of the sun. floral bouquet from BHG
- Hang simple bowl-shaped planters to fill with cascading flowers. Mynta hanging planter from Ikea
- Serve lemonade, iced water or sweet tea in fiesta-worthy pieces. Macy's Exclusive Fiesta goblet from Macy's; Fiesta disk pitcher from The Homer Laughlin China Co.
- This tequila-soaked fruit dish fits right in with the citrus-y colors of the outdoor room. Tequila soaked fruit from Martha Stewart
- For additional color and comfort, complete the outdoor space with rainbow-bright pillows in stripes and flowers. Sadie and multistripe outdoor pillows from Pottery Barn
May 4, 2009
Create a Cheery Outdoor Room
Inspired tomorrow's Cinco de Mayo celebrations, this inspiration board is full of vibrant colors and bold patterns. These ideas would look equally great for a garden nook, front porch or backyard patio.